{Drum roll please}
TADAA!!! Yipeeee!!
This is my 50th post!
Whew, what an adventure this has been! In all honesty, I wasn't sure, I'd make it this far, hahaha!! Oh but here I am :) For the sake of being real with you, I must explain my woes and yays that I have had with this blog...
I started totally unaware of the blogging culture, and unaware of my own writing style. I stuck my toes in, and tested it out. Blogging has become a great classroom for me.
I've battled with doubtful questions like: "what if someone sees right through my wrong perspective and grammar?" "What if no one takes what I offer?" and "What if someone doesn't fancy my style?"
At the same time, I've written and learned a lot. My writing has unlocked treasures that had been stored in my heart.
In this process, I have progressed. My posts reflect my dreams, ideas, firm beliefs, vague wanderings...and a few that make even me wonder: "do I agree with that sentence?"....and that's okay, I've had fun with it all!!
Backing up a bit....my writing didn't start with this blog, it started in journals. MANY journals.
In school, a few teachers told me to pursue writing further. So, I took some extra extra classes, payed close attention to English teachers and admired other writer's styles.
Eventually, I noticed my hand would often write: "we, us, our". My own thoughts moved towards speaking as a member of a gathering. My pen went beyond my own entertainment...and craved to speak up.
I also wanted to share my writings in a form that didn't necessarily require correct grammar, spelling or accuracy.
In 2011, I wrote a poem (pasted below) about taking what was in my heart and walking it out daily; living in the fullness of Lilly with God, people, and myself. I originally wrote it to God, but I read it now, and can hear myself speaking to other relationships. I move my heart to my feet in every area of my life.
When my physical feet are on the move, the rest of me follows. And when my Heart is moved, my feet follow.
My feet and heart united, and I started blogging.
How do you think I am doing so far?
(Heart To Feet,
By Lilly Files)
Pour Your truth into my heart.
Your love remains and will not dart.
Tightly grip may hand.
Teach me all You demand.
Shame is replaced with a life brand new.
Put thoughts in my mind that are true.
Only a bold faith can allow me to grow.
So stretch me to things I may not know.
Fill me up with grace
For the whole human race.
Stir up my soul,
Like soup in a bowl.
Hold my face up to your face;
Keep my walk to a steady pace
Set the rhythm of my steps to a steady beat,
And I'll move my heart to my feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment