I had barefoot summers as a kid. I remember one time, my Mimi saw the bottom of my feet. She had me sit on the bathroom counter, and soak in the sink.
I think of that time tonight - and many nights before - with my feet soaking.
This ritual didn't start as a kid...because after I soaked my toes in my Mimi's sink, my shoes still stayed inside. (Pretty sure my feet flattened and widened nicely because of those summers!)
A year ago, one if my spiritual mamas said "don't forget to soak your delicates tonight!"
I remember giving her a questioning look!
She giggled at my response and explained:
Delicates = Feet.
And every day since then, most of our parting words have been "don't forget to soak your delicates tonight!"
It's a sacred moment.
.....ahhh. Feet truly deserve to be called delicates, and to be treasured at the end of each and everyday.
After soaping, subbing, and scrubbing....I dry my dels, and lotion up!
When I focus on my feet, I see other parts of me that are equally as precious. Tonight, I reach for my toes, I find my legs. I have great legs. I know because my momma told me so. And she knows great legs - she has a great pair! I have my mama's genes!
Usually, this pampering leads to shaving, brushing teeth, flossing, face washing, toner-izing, nail shaping, nail painting, etc.
I listen to any music I please. I feel girly - maybe a little womanly. I hardly think, I only say sweet words.
Like I said, a sacred moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment