And so, the month is coming to a close.
What has been happening with me?
Hahaha. Well...
School is wonderful.
Homework is worth every effort.
Community is great! SO great.
Learning a lot through experience.
The exploration of Redding is expanding.
To Tell Of The Best Adventures:
* Went to SpoonMe. A creatively named, yummy frozen yogurt spot (frozen yogurt is a hit here). It's all self serve. Soo many toppings to choose from. I loved it!
* Went on a hike with a group from school. We had an amazing time, despite the fact that it was the only chilly overcast day! Saw awesome waterfalls. And when the next opportunity arises I WILL go down the natural water slide, and swim! It's an awesome spot.
* Found an impressive walking trail!! I'm going to try to make it more of a routine next month, but I've mostly jaunted out 2-3 times a week.
* Today (Saturday) I finally started my activation!! I am a part of Community Feast. There are about 5-6-ish, I'd say groups in the ministry. Each group has a designated location somewhere in town, and every Saturday we go out to the same place. My group set up in the parking lot by a motel and apartment complex.
Community Feast has been serving in this spot for years, so the neighborhood knows what's up. As we were setting up to feed, a line formed. I am not that great with numbers, but maybe 20-30 (?) people came out. We had beans, cornbread, and bagels. It was a good first day. Feel like it's going to be great as the relationships build throughout the year.
Okay. How was that? I feel like I'm in a totally different world! I am not used to explaining the day-to-day occurrences! But What can I explain deeper? What can I write more about? What would you like to know most? What words do I overuse? (let's hope my writing skills improve too)
BEFORE the "End Of November Update" - just like this October post - there will be bits inbetween the lines. (ie: recipes, revelations, beauty-encounters, travels, poems, etc.)
I have to experience then process. This adventure holds a lot to digest and balance....At the same time, I am figuring out how to honor my family by keeping them in the loop. I'm learning, please, be patient with me!
Ask me questions...if you're reading!
I'd love comments :)
No comments:
Post a Comment