Saturday, October 27, 2012

Learning how...

"If I miss the mark all together...Let me just and only know love. Down to the depths of my heart, I permit love to meet needs this year..."

Well, literally right after that declaration was made in a journal last month, I came across a need: loving myself.

I recalled a spiritual mom mentioning something awhile back, "can you write down 100 dreams?"

Sticking with a list, I positioned myself to write fifty ways to love myself...it was really hard!!! Yet so needed. And I actually came up with 5 extra!! Some point I'll add 45 more, to make 100....for the present, this is progress!!

For about two months now, I have been trying to implement at least one each day! And I'm becoming mindful of a lifestyle that requires me to truly love who I am...have I been faithful? Nooo, but I am working on it :)

55 WAYS TO LOVE

1.) pamper (ie: paint nails)

2.) breathing in and out eight times

3.) stretching exercises

4.) walk

5.) put good foods in my body

6.) smile for one whole minuet

7.) read a non-required book

8.) movie night

9.) invest in quality time with Papa

10.) invest myself in others

11.) open up to others when it feels hard

12.) run {when timing is appropriate}

13.) play soccer

14.) do a puzzle

15.) color with crayons and markers

16.) paint

17.) hit the sweet spot (ie: chocolate)

18.) drink tea

19.) balance financial needs

20.) tithe {when having an income}

21.) hike

22.) take time for hair/accessories

23.) record a hundred dreams

24.) write 50 absolutely silly things

25.) write poetry

26.) come up with 30 topics to write about

27.) write a few stories

28.) lead/teach something

29.) play the piano

30.) practice drums

31.) hum

32.) sing a song

33.) list ten absolutely CRAZY uncomfortable steps out of my familiar bubble

34.) email a good friend

35.) re-read an old note from a friend

36.) look over journals

37.) dance - very silly

38.) laugh so hard it hurts

39.) shout

40.) cook something yummy

41.) memorize a sweet scripture

42.) try new foods

43.) try something new

44.) embrace a deep fear

45.) be comfortable

45.) dress up - for the heck of it

46.) dress casually

47.) hang out in pajamas

48.) sit in quiet

49.) speak my heart

50.) cry in someone else's arms

51.) don't take matters too seriously

52.) talk about what I care about

53.) listen to other's stories

54.) let the Spirit do it...I won't try to force anything upon myself, until the timing is just so.

55.) use imagination and play pretend with a child

No comments:

Post a Comment