Allow me to catch up by elaborating: This past winter was a bit dry for me. I had an extremely short attention span whenever I would glance at my Bible. My only journaling consisted of quick bullet statements. I worshiped out of praise and honor but felt nothing from it…Or at least it has taken me a while before I felt the fruit of worshiping Him in the midst of dryness. I got out of the spiritual disciplines for a tad bit. I slept in, instead of waking up an extra 20 min to read and pray (like the past couple of years). I only read one whole book in the Bible: Ezra. And maybe read about four random verses a week.
I had a lot of
“everyone is hopeless. I am hopeless!” kind of thoughts. It was just an odd season. I
still was fed, but everything tasted bland – nothing had spice or sweetness.
Holding onto testimonies,
and heart moments changed everything though...along with the sunshine returning. It definitely was a season, but like anything there was a lot of choice involved in coming out of hibernation.
Now that the dry season has passed by, and I
feel consistently full again…..everything is different.
I am becoming exposed,
coming out of hiding. I am going deep instead of skimming the surface.
And, now that I feel like I have some sense of creativity back when it comes to blogging. I am excited to share some of the recent things. I feel like this post will make something about this next blogging season official!
Last month, I felt stirred to get back to the basics. TRUST has always been a standard basic for me. So, I'll go with something that has been familiar, and needs to be re-trained in my thought life this week....
Proverbs 3:5-12 (MSG)
Trust God
from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
your very bones will vibrate with life!
Honor God with everything you own;
give him the first and the best.
Your barns will burst,
your wine vats will brim over.
But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline;
don't sulk under his loving correction.
It's the child he loves that God corrects;
a father's delight is behind all this.
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
your very bones will vibrate with life!
Honor God with everything you own;
give him the first and the best.
Your barns will burst,
your wine vats will brim over.
But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline;
don't sulk under his loving correction.
It's the child he loves that God corrects;
a father's delight is behind all this.
No comments:
Post a Comment