Since I received my license back in January, I have a ritual declaration: "I will not allow any car in front of me or behind me influence the way I drive. I will hold it together on the road." Not to come across as the greatest driver...but I do have legal access to solely drive a car...and I do not take it lightly. I recognize the immense value upon driving with caution. Thus, I do my best to keep myself in check as a healthy, un-distracted driver.It has been an interesting adventure journeying around on four wheels.
One afternoon in particular, for example. It was a couple months back, when I was driving and felt influenced by my own emotion. For a couple of minuets I sulked in a puddle of groaning about my insecurities....but afterward, I mustered up some self-control. I felt an attack of lies coming against me from standing in Truth. I had a picture of an ejection button (kinda like the easy button from staples). As I had my hands on the steering wheel, I declared "you are a liar, and you are not welcome in my car!" I symbolically pressed a button, and kicked the intruder to the curb!Isaiah 12:4 And in that day you will say, Give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name and by means of His name [in solemn entreaty]; declare and make known His deeds among the peoples of the earth, proclaim that His name is exalted!
Isaiah 54:11-17 (MSG)
11-17"Afflicted city, storm-battered, unpitied:
I'm about to rebuild you with stones of turquoise,
Lay your foundations with sapphires,
construct your towers with rubies,
Your gates with jewels,
and all your walls with precious stones.
All your children will have God for their teacher—
what a mentor for your children!
You'll be built solid, grounded in righteousness,
far from any trouble—nothing to fear!
far from terror—it won't even come close!
If anyone attacks you,
don't for a moment suppose that I sent them,
And if any should attack,
nothing will come of it.
I create the blacksmith
who fires up his forge
and makes a weapon designed to kill.
I also create the destroyer—
but no weapon that can hurt you has ever been forged.
Any accuser who takes you to court
will be dismissed as a liar.
This is what God's servants can expect.
I'll see to it that everything works out for the best."
- God's Decree.
I'm about to rebuild you with stones of turquoise,
Lay your foundations with sapphires,
construct your towers with rubies,
Your gates with jewels,
and all your walls with precious stones.
All your children will have God for their teacher—
what a mentor for your children!
You'll be built solid, grounded in righteousness,
far from any trouble—nothing to fear!
far from terror—it won't even come close!
If anyone attacks you,
don't for a moment suppose that I sent them,
And if any should attack,
nothing will come of it.
I create the blacksmith
who fires up his forge
and makes a weapon designed to kill.
I also create the destroyer—
but no weapon that can hurt you has ever been forged.
Any accuser who takes you to court
will be dismissed as a liar.
This is what God's servants can expect.
I'll see to it that everything works out for the best."
- God's Decree.
The Lord is faithful to keep His promises - we can EXPECT that! It's important in our journey to recognize this truth; it's necessary to stand in the name of the King of Kings. We have permission (to even quote The Supremes) and to say to the intruder: "STOP! In the Name of Love."
I John 4:8 (AMP)
There
is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete,
perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror!
For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is
afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into
love’s complete perfection].
Finally I close out with this version of Our God, and ask the rhetorical question: If our Lover is for us, by our sides, than who could EVER stand against?
Finally I close out with this version of Our God, and ask the rhetorical question: If our Lover is for us, by our sides, than who could EVER stand against?
No comments:
Post a Comment