Psalm 138:8
8The Lord will perfect that which concerns me;
Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever--forsake not the works
of Your own hands.
When I am going through a trial, I tend to take
character for granted. And even more so, forget that character is what urges me
onward to arrive at the season when I reel in what I launched into. At the same
time, it’s a challenge because A) that season could be decades after I prayed
into it. B) the answer may not be what I had planned or intended on. How ironic
is that!! The receiving part even requires character to form!
Prayer is the key!
Prayer is our spirit’s phone.
Anytime of the day the line is wide open.
The further I journey off with Jesus, the further my eyes
see into a revelation. Sometimes we sail to the deep waters, other times we
explore the vast mountains! Wherever I go … and there is still so much out there
to seek out…I have this relationship with my Beloved Redeemer. Standing in an
attitude of prayer connects us.
A few days ago, after an unproductive day, I was prepared
to soak in a few pity puddles ,and then drift into sleep! But then I started to
press in. I declared that my Savior is my strength. I opened up the Word – went
straight to the Psalms (aka my dialog former). I declared that it is not by my
weak arm, it is not by my bow that I have victory, but within my God. It is
from His arm and power that I move and breathe. Instantly, I was refreshed, and
turned my eyes up to Him. This ability to call upon His name is constant piece of gear in my walk . . . . most days I call it my life support!
The time in my life when I first really embraced my convos
with God was when I went to Corporate Prayer Night once a week with my mom. I
brought a pillow, note pad, and bible. Usually I observed, and jotted down what
was on my heart. Though, at 8-12 years old, I was clueless to how my soul was being
seasoned – I was being seasoned anyway. Years later, I am able to see.
What’s simply exciting: I can picture where I am now. I can visualize
the things I know I am being developed in; envision the many things I am
unaware of, and know it will be revealed to be glory for my King!! Even the
past two weeks, I see immense improvement in the most random, unspoken areas of
my prayer life. The Lord knows where my heart is at, even when I am uncertain –
He knows – and I am certain that He knows how His purposes will work out for
the greater good of all things. His amazing works are unpredictable, but His
hands are oh so faithful!!!
I listened to a message today, and I found this quote to be
fitting right now: “Faith brings an answer; enduring faith brings an answer
with character. Character is the container for the answer – which prevents the
answer from spoiling.”
Our God is beyond our thoughts, and plans. He is responding
for all eternity.
No comments:
Post a Comment