.....In scripture, God is known to have thoughts that are not our
thoughts, and ways that are not our ways. Yes, we are made in His image, but
remember that God is the Ultimate Being. Something else that rattles me up is
the idea that God is always thinking about us. His thoughts are on us
individually, and constantly. His thoughts are vast and without number. For
instance, if we were to count the thoughts that He holds, each of them would
out number every grain of sand on this planet (Psalm 139). He is so far above
and beyond who we are. I can’t get enough of how big He really is. Our planet
earth is so small. The waters of the earth fit in the hollow of His hand, and
the nations are but fine dust (Isaiah 40:12-17). He is so great, He has weighed
the mountains on scales, and the hills in all the earth on a balance. I mean
golly, isn’t He wonderful!!!!
Okay, now let me refer to the idea of heaven again…we
haven’t been there. We can see the earth (all though I doubt that one human
being has ever experienced every square inch of the planet at the same time),
we know this planet because we see it, and know it.
Yes, right now, we all discern and we are all made to be
seers of the Kingdom, encounter God’s glory, and receive heaven coming down to
give earth a kiss. However, are we opening our eyes? Can we really, truly
see? I’ve read a book on this whole
concept of opening spiritual eyes, so this concept isn’t my own thought, but
rather something that has brought inspiration to my thinking: Jesus not only came to heal the spiritually
blind, mute, deaf, and lame, but He also came to heal the spiritual eyes,
mouth, ears, and the entire person, physical, mental, spiritual. While I’ve
kept this thought in mind, I’ve come across Isaiah 35.
We not only have a window to see things, we have the eyes to
see things in the moment. And it amazes me to find such things in this way.
I’ll return to the concept of the question now, in my own
summary of an opinion. I believe that heaven is going to be beyond what we can
comprehend right at present. I also believe that we will be not only restored,
but we will be renewed bodies, minds, and souls. We will be in the new heaven
and we shall experience God in the fullness of His presence for the rest of our
days.
Here comes my
brain boggling time bending question. What does eternity look like? I’ve never
known anything, besides what I can try to know about God’s way - that doesn’t
have a beginning nor end. I almost get the feeling like it’s all about the
middle. People always make a great deal about the center of things. Everything
typically works out best in moderation. You cannot have too much of a good
thing, and you cannot have too much of a bad thing, that’s just how it is, the
way it goes.
Absolutely amazes me. I am totally blown away, and it
excites me. I love being blown away (very romantic). I love-love talking about
my Beloved Lord this way. What else would a bride do? I love this. I adore
being swept off my feet and radically in love. Oh, I do enjoy this life.
Along with my whole joy over this topic, I’ve also come
across something deeply interesting. I started wondering about the actual
pleasure of quiet time with God here on the earth. I started thinking extra out
of the box later in the week, and wondered how God could be everywhere at once.
I was driven in the moment, and couldn’t help but dig deep in my imagination.
I was in my room. I went over to one corner and twirled once
in a circle, tried to count how many things (objects, lamps, desks, bed, books,
etc.) I could touch within my reach…surprisingly, less than I thought I could.
Then I went to the opposite corner and repeated the method. My room is in no
way harmonized, so I didn’t have an equal amount of things to touch on either
side.
Then, I wondered, if God is in the “room of the world” how
does He get so intimate with His creation?
This didn’t frighten me, or put me in a place of doubt, but
rather, something more to do with an extraordinary curiosity. I thought about it;
just about let my thoughts run mostly rapid. While I was doing this, I was
really stirring things up. I was praying the whole time, asking the Spirit to
show me what I was doing, and how to go about discovering the different
concepts. I’ve never seen God, so how do I know what He looks like. Does He
have a gazillion or more hands, does He only have five fingers? I wanted to
know. I tried picturing God this way, and it’s so beyond what I know.
I knew I was really just messing around, but then I kind of
enjoyed playing with the ideas. Then it hit me.
God has the whole world in His hands (Ha, reminds me of an
old kid’s song). He is so deep and wide (also another song!). It is so funny
how things fall into place like this. The entirety of events that we
experience, impact us deeply!
Take both of your
hands and cup them, like you have handfuls of candy. Picture the Lord to be
holding His hands this way. Know, that inside of His hands is the planet. And every
fingerprint of HIS hands is touching the areas of the earth.
If you’re like me, you must be wondering if His thumb is on
me…or maybe His pinky is on you? Don’t even go there, because I went there and
it’s not successful, nor Biblical. But we do have a place to take our
imagination on adventures, and hopefully we’ve been there today. Haha, I’ve
been sitting here typing since seven-forty-ish. And it is now nine, I have
three full pages, time has flown by…and yet slowed. I’ve gotten a date-orange
scone, and a cup of mint tea. I’ve taken my time, for sure, but I am also not
an active morning person, and my font is small. I have also been distracted by
a case of people watching.
How does God fill in His time? He doesn’t live according to
time though! I need to remind myself of that! Things don’t just happen, He has
an agenda, but I am sure it is much greater than then every agenda that has
been printed in our world. Oh, it’s beyond me!
So, that is that. My thoughts are finally drained a bit more
than they were. And I am, for now, content. Oh the wonders of just being blunt,
random and in a day dream mode.
{And that concludes a little back-tracking...along with a refreshing reminder of a thought pondered}
No comments:
Post a Comment