Well, I was going through some files recently, and found this draft of an intended post. Typed it up in August…or maybe October? Might as well post it!!
Oh, goodness me. I need to write a bit, here and there…about
this and that. Mmm, I’m not entirely sure where I am going with this, but my
whole initial point is to merely take up sometime this morning. It’s
interesting actually – trying to fill in time. What is time really besides just
a few seconds. Why is it that sometimes our human brains can go two hours in
agony, and boredom, while another two hours fly on by? Goodness, why is that?
There are many things I wish I could be able to describe a bit better. Time is
one of those topics I don’t think I feel remotely confident in. Are we even
justified to tell time?
Okay, getting to the core of things, try breathing in and out,
which takes some expansion of time. Or perhaps you should observe the day, as
it passes. Surely the sun rises and sets. Our clocks go round and round. Weeks
go by and by. Seasons start changing. It’s interesting to me, how much people
do to fill in the time. I wonder if there is anything direct about the way
people tend to go about accomplishing tasks, or are we all just sheep in a
flock? What are people filling their mind with? Each and every person is
unique, different clothing, voices, hair. People are unique, so what are people
doing with their lives that are oh so even more unique. What do you think about
on a daily basis?
I’m sitting inside a little coffee shop on some corner of
the block in Portland. My mind just started going on little rabbit trails, to
fill in this time I have. Perhaps this is all to keep myself busy….perhaps this
whole typing thing is intentional, I’m not really sure the reasons nor, where
the inspiration comes from. I’m rambling, I know, but here’s another thought
that I have been craving to write down, but I won’t be able to post this until
a later day….
A friend from a small group asked me a question last week,
and to be honest, it completely impacted me to continue exploring the wonders
of the wandering mind. The question, she asked, “Do you think we’ll have quiet
time with God when we get to heaven?”
First off, I must say, I love questions like this. It builds
my faith, and perspective on things. And it also gives me some confirmation
that I am not the only one who thinks such things. I am a deliberate debater;
whether or not I always chose to stir up conflict, I debate within my brain.
It’s rather annoying, but it keeps me alive, and fills in the time. Obviously,
there is self-control, and I do not allow my mind to wander any place that it
pleases.
Okay, so maybe you are not interested in what my answer was
to my friend in our conversation, yet, you must deal with it; I am going to
anyway, because I am not only giving you my thought but also my expanded
thought of what I said in the moment.
My own experience in scripture, prayer, education, and
through other teachers, I feel that ultimately heaven is going to be beyond
what we can imagine. We do not use our whole brains, we are merely human, with
fleshy-flesh – we do not hold all the answers. However, I do believe, that we
should think about what we think upon
the most glorious thing we could picture heaven to be. After all, God has
placed imagination within our brains; I believe that imagination has purpose.
So continue imagining the glorious thing we could picture in
our brains what heaven will be like. Now, imagine something much more glorious.
Once you are in that state of mind, concentrate and come up with something
(scripturally based of course) of what you see as heaven. This idea must be the
vastest image you can think of, so hold onto it!
That image, perspective, day dream - whatever you consider
it to be - is only a small fraction of what heaven is actually like. So
imagine, without picturing, that heaven is beyond the way your brain has
imagined.
Are you blown away?
Because I sure have been....
No comments:
Post a Comment