Look at the wood and the snow. How the white and brown contrast in color…
We’ve had quite a unique winter in New England this year. Snow has fallen maybe four times since October. Only a month ago it was sixty degrees. Honestly, this is my kind of winter! I enjoy the freedom to take a step away from the house and still feel warmth from the sun. When it’s clear out I walk, simply to adore the outdoors. The past few weeks, I’ve seen the dirt freeze, then soften, and then freeze again. Such a sight to witness!!
One afternoon, I took five steps down the road and my feet sunk into mud. Took a second series of five steps, my feet rose to firm ground. This is the contrast between the cold-shaded spots, and the soft-sunny glimpses.
Another afternoon, I went out a lot more bundled up, and found my foot print in the earth. It is mine, because I wear a size 7. Because of the shape of my sole. I know the prints are from my walk, because I pressed deep into the mud.
I know the prints are from me, because I bought the sneakers 75% off at New Balance. Because I remember first purchasing the shoes, how they fit comfortably at first. How I had to really work to break them in. It took a month and a half to really get over my blistering heels! I know the prints in the ground are my own, because I am now over that breaking in phase, I know my shoes. And although the print may only last because it is frozen for a short while - it still exists. The bottom of my shoe reflects the print on the ground. Just as those crime scene shows when the heroes uncover finger prints to prove the innocent, or the guilty...my foot print is revealed to prove an identity.
I tell you something that has truly left an impression on me.
God’s identity is ALL over the blue prints of our heart. He reveals Himself in the most profound, impressionable ways. O How beautiful is His reflection on His children. Although, we all may be fading flowers and dust in the ground, we are here for such a time.
I tell you, there are so many dear people that the Lord has used to shine His image through. Many dear people that have touched my heart in such a way….that I KNOW it is Jesus. I know because, I know Him….and I am getting to know Him more and more every single day.
I tell you, there are so many dear people that the Lord has used to shine His image through. Many dear people that have touched my heart in such a way….that I KNOW it is Jesus. I know because, I know Him….and I am getting to know Him more and more every single day.
He is absolutely beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment