Thursday, December 27, 2012

Long Lost Thoughts

Brains tend to think.

There so many thoughts that run through a person's head daily! Do you realize how much you think in the process of a moment?

The complexity of a mind isn't something I ever want to attempt to understand fully. As I simply try to leave out my own finiteness of comprehending the brain - a migraine is breeding!

Lately, my thoughts have been exploring the vastness of their own design. Particularly, the species of creative thoughts.

[something else to ponder: are all thoughts creative?]

Creative thoughts urge on dreams.

Some creative thoughts are very realistic. They tend to be great camping sites. They add to the list of things to do in a day. Realistic thoughts are inventors of new industries. They cultivate something to chase after and design desire within a soul. They ultimately have potential; realistic thoughts grow and age as time invests in them. About 97% of the time (from my own estimation of course!) these ideas take some sort of action.

Some creative thoughts are not so realistic. These tend to be the dreams that are in and out - like fast food. Quick, simple and little investment or sacrifice of time made. I'd say these thoughts don't follow with an action 99.47% of the time. Yet, like fast food (healthy or not) they add weight to the movement of thoughts.

I've taken a yonder to pondering that these unrealistic thoughts or young ideas are still creative, and thus should go somewhere.

I'd like to think that these thoughts are the things that link the good camping sites together. In order to GET TO someplace....you have to GET first. You must journey through a trail that connects by being in-between start and destination.

I wouldn't call young ideas "connecting thoughts", but rather bumps, roots, pebbles, shrubs, leaves, mushrooms, the occasional deer, moose, etc. These thoughts are not required, nor are they the same among every trail...but they do tend to naturally occur along the way. A moose would probably be remembered, but the number of rocks, dirt and twigs seen, would most likely not be treasured in one's heart.

With the value of these young ideas, I feel like once they are done being a focus in one's mind....they become like the long lost boys from Peter Pan. They never grow old, but are far off in Neverland. I'd like to think they are participating in some sort of adventure.

Maybe they should be called long lost thoughts? [Haha, I'm sure there are researchers out in the world who actually name these types of thoughts....but I like my made up ones].

There are many that I do not remember quite well....but the other day I was thinking of how silly some seem now. When I was a kid, I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up...but occasionally, I had a few long lost thoughts concerning my future...and, I kind of wanted to become a nun, or an astronaut [haha, I know].

Long lost thoughts are fun fun....and give contribution of our wonderful noggins.

No comments:

Post a Comment