Saturday, December 17, 2011

Eight Grams Of Fiber

Oh fiber. It’s rough and gritty, hard and sappy. I’ve mostly understood how fiber comes in to play in our path of recipes, but a little more insight has just been established in my brain....I GET IT now.
It’s difficult to guard your heart; difficult to guide your diet. It’s is an undertaking when you grasp the importance of controlling the stuff that you intake! Not everyone has the faith to swallow the fiber. A choice is voluntary after all! Come on now, no one should swallow waste – why would anyone want to swallow used food? Or rotten fruit? We all want the GOOD STUFF right?? Then we should want nothing BUT the real food!

Most importantly, we need to want fiber.

Why? Because fiber is a challenge. We have the will to take hold of the stuff that cleans, purifies mends, heals, restores, beatifies, renews, energizes. It’s a challenge to choose the healthy way: a life of organic. We can only live off a personal relationship with God. We cannot feed upon experiences of others. Though, it is encouragement from others is an important aspect in life...we must not be sheep and try to mimic another person’s walk when our individual walk has been destined for us already!!

A stomach full of impurities – is only going to ingest impurities. What a stinky way to live! We need pure nutrients. Even though we may have those “hard to swallow” days - in the long run - everything is worth it!! There are days when it is really really really hard to choose the Way. Times are out there in life when we don’t feel like standing in intercession, or soaking in scriptures consistently.

Fiber is the thick and gooey matters in life. Taking your fiber goes beyond doing good deeds when one feels like doing them. Fiber is, when it all comes down to it, true colors revealed. I’ve had a few days, recently, in which I do not feel like taking my fiber (both spiritually and physically), all I really want is a few nibbles of chocolate. Why can’t we just leave it at that for all of our meals?!

Well, let me refer to a statement I jotted down a while back in some conference notes from a few months ago: “poop happens - even with the most godly life, stuff happens. But you don’t sit in your poop, you flush. You are going to have stuff in your life that is not pretty. And not only are you supposed to take it to the Lord, but to each other as well. We need people to say ‘gee, you smell funny’. We have got to build our sisterhood and be in a place in each other’s lives where we have to be more than just an encouragement. It’s called tough love. I love you, so if you are going through something in your life - I know you so I can tell – I am going to help you with that.”
   
I tell you, it is THIS simple!

Truly, I've gotten to thinking of a few things I do throughout the week, to keep my surroundings managed. Some of my duties in the family home are taking out the trash, and shoveling little gifts left in the lawn from our dog. Have you ever noticed that junk doesn’t fade away on its own (unless you’re building a compost pile).  I, myself, at least, have to use tools to discard the product(s). I know from experience that it’s best not to put things off for later. I guess I am still learning because there’s a small waste-basket in my room. I only use it for odds and ends (clothing tags, tissue, etc.) I’ve gotten into the habit of letting the basket get full, and then slowly piling tissues on top – it’s more of an inefficient balancing act!

My point is, we have to use fiber in our own life!! Our bodies involuntarily clean our insides with fiber – in the same way, we need to allow discipline, structure, and grit from our accountability partners, to show us that we need seasonal cleaning. We need tough situations to challenge us, so we can choose to walk in His favor. O the Lord is the Perfect Parent! Face the facts. We are growing up, being prepared to be a Bride – there are seasons when we are two year olds being potty trained. We are children being taught how to clean up our messes, and learning to turn to our mature pure identity!

Take care. And GET your fiber intake today!
 
PS AND BY THE WAY: 
be reminded of the Who in which all glory goes to.
check out this song.


No comments:

Post a Comment