Okay, so before I get all carried away here, I want to invite you to walk with me as I clarify a few bits. This recipe isn’t one of those things that can be muttered or thought of passively, but rather something to be really stirred up. Though, I understand I do not have all the right stuff to really get anyone (even myself) pumped up. However, this is a blog, and I must remind myself of the title: Moving Heart to Feet. I have key bits of foundational information. And if I hold that within my own thoughts….then I am clearly not moving my heart to my feet. Thus, I have to challenge myself to come to terms with some of the scriptural background and those itty bits of study – that are not all together easy for me to step out in.
So, in a way, this is my own revelation, and I am taking you with me as I dig deep into the basics that Jesus called us all to. But, as I said it’s difficult to come to terms with. Honestly, I wouldn’t be appealed to this, if it wasn’t for my love for my Everlasting Lord. My heart (to the best of its ability) seeks Him, my thoughts in my brain (to the best of that organ’s ability) are drawn to Him.
This whole concept of pursuing God, ties into my previously whole series on “hunger, thirsty, and longing”. Why would I do two different series in a row, and plan my blog like this…I have no idea. But this is going to be fun :o) We have eight more posts to go, and then I’ll take a break and get into something else. This is going to be glorious. And I promise that the following recipes, will not be long as the previous ones. I’ll keep it short and sweet!
Okay, so sure this is “just writing”. And sure I have no degree in blogging nor writing, nor well, I do I have a degree in anything…………..yet. That is the glory of it all. You see, just as we only need a pinch of revelation, we only need two teaspoons of revolution. Only a little more, because here, we need two things: engagement and action. We must respond, vow to our revelation and do something. Proceed to walk things out, as we do so, we may find ourselves with a couple diplomas in our pockets!
Note, a revelation is discovering something that is truthful, biblical, and justified by faith,
And the following step is proceeding with a revolution and actually applying it.
A baby has yet to go to school and yet she is learning, and doing. Is it much? Is she bringing in the dough? No, probably not – unless she’s on the diaper commercials! However, she is learning and unveiling her own revelations. It doesn’t take an expert to figure that out! She hears words, she mimics them. She sees people walk; she figures out how to crawl, and eventually gets up on her two legs and walks. She drinks milk, then ready for some mushy but thicker food, and then she gets some teeth and eats solid food (not necessarily in that order).
Okay, so with that, do we get the idea? Besides my amazement over the little things that we learn as young children; there are certain things learned once, while other things are learned over time. Once we’ve just about mastered and grasped topics, we are ready to embrace them. Tackle the next step.
I find history to be an intriguing topic…there is a lot that man has learned, and yet there is so much more man has left in his existence to never learn. Okay, so getting into the historical time-line, consider the American Revolution. Though, like every other country, America has its faults – still holds an inspiring foundational event to reflect upon….
Alright, those are my thoughts, now let’s get to the bottom of things.
Definition: a sudden, radical, violent, or complete change
Clip:
No comments:
Post a Comment