This past week alone, has been beyond my own mind. It is absolutely amazing to me how I have been hearing God's voice. Things that I previously have passed by are coming up to nudge me gently on the side. There is so much that is on my heart today, I'm finding it very hard to stretch out to one string of thread, so please understand that I am having a bit of difficulty weaving it all in. I love how Jesus has been teaching me. I am intensely in-love with my Savior; I am finding joy in the midst of areas of where I am being trained. It's a totally new “stage” I suppose. For, you see, I've gotten all wrapped up with questioning the transitions. Am I really going anywhere? Umm...I think yes?? Yeah, I am growing, but I don't necessarily see it all at once right now – which is nothing like my previous experiences!.....[in case you were wondering: yup that was a dry sarcasm remark].
My transitions are just the same as a first bike ride. I spent many afternoons with trial, practicing the bicycle. It's the same with any other person I am sure. Once we get up in that position of balance, we're set, but those beginning moments can be annoying and frightening. Any person can go through those phases I suppose, within any skill. Say playing an instrument – musical or any other kind; learning how to cook a grilled cheese without ending up with a burnt sandwich. Or even making good habits. I've heard it takes about 26-28 days for a habit to become solid. Things take time, but I also know, things will come together....eventually, someway or another.
Even as I ponder, then write out my thoughts here, I realize the relationship between different topics. I find myself trying to combined all my thoughts together – when in reality this is a blog. It will take me a good long while to sort out my thoughts. I must do things in a step-by-step process. I believe that within each passing moment, an opportunity can be grasped. No matter what situation, or context. So many facts and events seem to be flooding through research. Often....TOO often, they become the priority that we focus on. However, what if we just expanded the facts a bit by only exploring our own quirks, instead of what the scholars shout at us. Don't take me wrong, getting an education and a diploma is great. However, I simply mean to express that there are just somethings that require less of the books and more of us. Do we humans remember that thing called “common sense”? This takes wisdom. Wisdom comes from a drop of the Spirit: through a whim or a previous experience. In every instance, it is encouraged that we simply: try out best. It's all you can expect from yourself, or anyone else.
However frustrating it may seem to be in uncertain places, they are intended to be good. Though there is a line between a good growing place and a bad falling place. Both can be uncertain at times, but even still we can learn through them. In the area of growth, it is key that we listen to the motives of our heart. I often contemplate: “Am I second guessing simply because there is something wrong? Or am I pausing out of insecurity?” Perhaps it's too hard to tell. Everyone has there own little niche.
From my view, growth starts with the longing to go toward a goal. My little memory verse of the month (Hebrews 12:2) is based upon fixing our eyes on Jesus, because of who He is. It's amazing to me, how the majority of my questions are answered with just that. Are the actions we take based upon doing it for Jesus? Or another alternative? Although my flesh has denied me the ability to comprehend why my faith isn't always concrete, there is something else that has always been involved. What is a huge part of accomplishing goals, is having the hunger for it. Wanting more from a desire - not out of greed.
Let's take a DETOUR before we get to our final destination: gross-lustful-greed is not what we ought to pursue. There must be limits. Too much of a good thing can be bad. On a town road, a person cannot have too much speed – he/she will get pulled over, or in an accident. Nor can a cautious person do as they please and go a steady 3 mph on the turnpike on a clear day (road work, weather conditions and flying turtles are exceptions, but please, you get the idea).
Then, there is such a thing as good desire. In fact God has His own desires. He longs for us to spend time with Him. With that in mind, it's nice to know that we are made in His image, thus, we too have desires....ultimately, for Him.
Alright, no more off-roading...I promise!
I've been waiting to write about music, because I love it too much, but I figure now is a great time to chat about it! My favorite group is by far Jesus Culture. I often find myself in a lavishing-awe-struck state when I hear their music. So great! The recent CD that was released the end of last year, “Come Away”, ooo-ooo so great! I am similar to my father in my obsessiveness when it comes to repeating music. I listen to bits of the album, every day...not even exaggerating! SO good. Three songs in particular, have recently captured me. “Show Me Your Glory”, “My Soul Longs For You” and “I Want To Know You”. There are several themes within each, but I've been shown a particular meaning about seeking God. When I listen to these songs, I am taken to a place that is familiar, and yet I've never been there before. I've been pondering this, and I am going to focus this post and two more, based upon these songs. As I hear the lyrics going through my brain, I am reminded of the hunger we hold for God. Perhaps it's similar to the desire aspect, as I was mentioning briefly above.
I feel that as I go about my own issues, I am taken to a completely separate realm when I look upon the face of my Savior. It's so indescribable, so glorious. There's an awesome lyric in I Want To Know You: “You captivate me Lover of my soul. I give you my worship all of my passion. I give you my whole heart, all my devotion. Here I will bow down, say that I need you.” If you ever question what worship means it is passion; giving our WHOLE heart; devotion. Taking time to get to know each other.The relationship with Jesus – such a sweet romance!
AH, Yesss. A ROMANCE. Oh my goodness, that topic right there would be the greatest blog series! Can a single movie portray every single love story on the planet....nope. Not in my book. Can even one chick flick cover that one girl's lover? No, there are so many details, that even the couples in-love don't understand. I could give a whole different approach on this here...maybe I will someday...but to cover the basics today, it's a romance with devotion. This relationship with Jesus isn't just some fling; this is true and real. My mouth cannot speak the words with out being struck by agony over the fact that I am utterly speechless for my Beloved!
Being hungry for more of Him, brings us to places where we learn. We go after what we are thirsting for. His Spirit was given to our hearts for a reason! We must resort to Him in the midst of everything.
Let's get to know our Lover....
Lilly....you are such an encouragement! I love reading your posts. God bless you!
ReplyDelete