Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Free To Proclaim Freedom

A few weeks ago (the last Saturday in April), I attended a freedom gala for Love146 [an organization, that spreads awareness to end human trafficking. They spread the word that it is possible to prevent human slavery, in addition to bringing restoration those who are the result: victims. (I will go into a bit more detail – toward the end of this)].
I went along (as semi-formally dressed up) with some members of a small group. We had a great catered meal, variety of auction items, and several other open doors available to make donations to thus support the fight. The guest speaker, Rob Morris, (co-founder and president of the organization) spoke on some of his journeys, and the grand path that it would ultimately take for advocates to follow. All was truly heart melting; the few stories that were told, and the movement entirely. I suppose that the main thing that I have taken from it all, is knowing that there is a need in our mists, a need to be fulfilled.

During the beginning of the festivity, while sitting at a table, I began to question, “what is the core need? What is the place that needs people to stand up in? Is it in the law? Congress? Counseling?” I've always known that where that place was/is, I have to be in it. Such an unjustified cause; it is so infuriating! Well, the more I dwelt on this question, the more I built up a plan in my head to ask someone who would be able to answer me specifically, that very night.

Yet, as if sent directly to my unstable thoughts, the speaker went on to discuss a well known analogy. The story of the young boy on a beach throwing starfish back in the ocean, to prevent decay from the heat of the sun. Then the father comes out with his doubts of the impact his son is actually making. The son response with another toss of a starfish into the water, and saying “I made a difference in that one,”. (it was told in a detailed-arm-chilling way, but I am simply getting the gist of it for you...)
A great story for sure. It was mentioned also, to be similar to the Mother Theresa approach, making an impact on one person – thus making all the impact in the world. It's so true yet, Rob Morris spoke on something else that added to the story in a much deeper level.
My eyes were then pointed to another direction. His words were so eye catching. For, you see, what I discovered that night, from him, is that there must be more boys on the beach. The whole wide world must spread the word! Brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, friends and family – both far and wide – must join together. Carrying. Giving. Spreading each person's strength to the cause. Every person has a purpose!! Each person is a steward of a Godly gift. It is always a gift; thus be given as a gift to others - in the moment of time he/she is placed in. Thus, my peculiar question, was answered.

This idea strongly ties into a fact that must be grasped, and repeatedly learned: we are FREE to be in the moment; therefore, we are FREE to step into the calling(s) God has predestined us to be in!!! He has named us to such things before the dawn of our existence! We are not under any law, for HE has released us from the weight that's carried on our shoulders. He awakens us, guides us to liberty.....AND to proclaim it! By merely stepping into the free life that we have, we are proclaiming the Truth! 
That ancient phrase: “actions speak louder than words” makes a huge statement in our walk of life. Part of the journey He has called us to is known as the great commission. We are to GO and make disciples (Matt. 28:19-20). Spread the good news! We are also called to aid the orphan and the widow; go after the fatherless. We are required to save and defend the oppressed (Isaiah 1:17).

For a few years now, I have asked God to open a door for me (right where I am, in the present) to somehow be involved in the fight against modern day slavery that is faced today. Maybe in a simple way, such as raising awareness and/or money. As always, He is faithful. When I found out about the gala through church, I knew I was going. I had a moment, I admit of worry with some money, but the exact amount was provided in some way or another. It is truly amazing how I was blessed a few weeks prior to the night, to be able to use some cash on a few short term-needs, meet up for dinner with a few friends, and not really have it all plan out.
Literally, the exact price for a ticket managed to find it's way to my pocketbook. As I said, I was really worried. Money has been a little tight in the household, but there's nothing God cannot do, and my miniscule situation was/is no exception!!! I was able to simply connect with other people – that has been one of the hungers of my heart for, a while, I was so blessed to be able to do so. And OH, let me tell you, I am excited for Him to use me in this world in any way possible, to bring whatever He has given me to the table.

When my heart was first revealed to the issues of injustice, I explored and found this scripture, the words have always stuck with me....it's commonly known, but wouldn't you say it is common for a typical reason?

Isaiah 61:4, 8 (NIV)
They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations....
For I, the Lord, love justice; I hate robbery and iniquity. In my faithfulness I will reward them and make an everlasting covenant with them.

Rebuild, restore, renew the devastated areas in our world. God loves justice! (that's not the same as revenge!) He hates robbery! We all must begin or keep on seeing through His perspective; if He hates robbery, and loves justice, then we must as well!! Now, mind you, He is the ultimate judge and restorer, but there is hope given for us to live in that right in the now! Also remember, through the Holy Spirit (Christ lives in our hearts) thus bringing the Kingdom to allow Heaven to invade the earth. It's supernatural and beyond our minds, but it is so.

We are not going to be wholesome and great until we arrive to Him face-to-face. But remember, the good news? Emmanuel, (Jesus) GOD IS WITH US. We are on a great journey with our Beloved King. There is power and authority given to us through that fact. Through togetherness of HIM being in everything, and right by our side, we walk in freedom. We are not alone, it's all about Him. He's got the power.

That last bit of scripture, tugs at me even more right now, “and make an everlasting covenant with them.” It's forever lastinggg. Never fading, never perishing. Always there. It is not a testament of a burdensome life-style held under the requirements of a law, we cannot even fulfill, because we naturally sin. No, no, no! He is ALL about freedom! Lifting the weight off our shoulders. Setting us loose to bring glory to His Holy, Holy, Holy – Perfect Name. He tells us straight out in the Word: BECAUSE of Him all things are possible! We are to persevere in the midst of seasons, even when we don't really feel like enduring and going on anymore. He wants us to walk in freedom for ourselves individuality but also make it aware to the heart-breaking-world we live in!!

Take a stand, in whatever it may be, to go with the Spirit and live a life of being free! 

A huge part of my heart grieves for injustice. And (in my opinion) the most common root of it is captivity.

By typing these words and expressing truth I am not being captured anymore by any lie that plants fear in my heart. Even writing this blog releases liberty! I am humbly allowing the Spirit to come in, thus breaking away that chain.
I am no theological expert, and nothing I could have to say would really be worth a read – that statement, within itself, has almost become a crooked-truth, instead of “self-constructed-criticism” (if there is such a thing?) I've kinda made it my standards and second guessed myself, too many times. Often, we become bounded because we allow fear to take over. I say, stand FIRM in the Great I Am. I am a writer, there's no denying that fact, it's part of the character God has intended me to be right now. When we simply go about standing in great courage, even when there is fear, with temptations all around, we walk in freedom!

Now, I would like to take time, in the next paragraph(s) or so, (as I said I would do in the beginning) to go into details to promote Love 146, and the injustice that has been settling on my being for a long time. However, I don't wish to limit this to one issue only. I want to make it really clear that I am remaining on the topic that the title suggests. We are to proclaim freedom in anything, and everything we do. For where God is, there is freedom. God is right here every step of the way! That means, freedom comes along with every part of our day - whatever it may be! Perhaps voicing a run-over opinion, speaking for the mute, loving another who is perhaps without love. It can be done in the most simplest of form and manor. We are free, and we are to spread the word that it is SO!

Alright, now I do not wish to be a repeater of terms, a re-speaker of all the things I have learned, but I feel that my blog is a small outlet for some facts to be told. I hope to make this as real to my thoughts as possible, bear with me, for my thinking process is shuffled....

I mentioned in an introduction post, a few months ago, that I have a heart for justice. Thus, my passion is to go against injustice. There is so much corruption in our world. One issue being human trafficking. It's a gross crime that makes me sick. The stats on this are plentiful, I will only share with you one. The statistics show that the yearly number of sales is so high, that it would have to amount to the same as if two children were sold every minuet. Break it down for yourself, it's a mass industry!
Now, since this is such a huge part of me, I will not sum everything up in this one, little post...it will most definitely be expressed several more times. For the moment, I must end with a few things. Simply I would like to offer a few highly, highly, HIGHLY recommended links (see below) to check out. I am not a .org nor a .gov; I suggest that you look into this for yourself (-selves), I won't preach on it too much. I just want to make it clear that I am addressing it HERE and now.



 We are called to live in a graciously-given-freedom because He loves us, and I so desire and pray that more of us (including myself) will start to walk into liberty and spread the word, because THAT is what we are made for.....
 
Isaiah 61:1 (NIV)
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.

No comments:

Post a Comment