Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Introduction # 1

Firstly, I must say, this is a new and interesting adventure...

The title I have chosen: moving my heart to my feet, - originates from a message one of my youth leaders spoke on. The church I attend, holds a youth group, which is very prominent in my life and relationship with God. Each evening is unique, and challenges me some way or another. However, this one in particular captured me distinctively. I remember before falling asleep that night, I wrote a poem with bits of the message coming out in it. I was surprised how deeply it related to my life. I left the poem on some pages in a journal last summer.

Recently I've started to diagram ideas for a blog title, the poem came to my mind. I went back through some pages and found that the statement is exactly what I wish this whole blog to be about. An almost seventeen year old girl, who fills her heart with truth, then applies it to her day-to-day life. Granted, I know I'm not perfect, but that's kinda the whole point! I'm not here to be perfect, I am here to seek out The Perfecter of my flaws. By pursing God, I am stepping into an amazing journey. His greatest command is love. To love Him, and to love others as yourself. That's what I merely intend to do here. Love. No human being on earth has it ALL together. But God's grace is sufficient for us no matter what.

More specifically, I am here for a purpose, we all are. I felt inspired to consistently post in a blog. I write quite a bit. I feel I must take a step and use it outside of my many, many, journals. There's a bit of hesitation though, I will admit. I don't want to do this because social media is the “thing”, or because a few other friends might be blogging too. At first, I figured maybe I could start blogging/pursuing a public-type of writing after I graduate High School. You know? Like when I'm actually some form of an adult? But then, I felt conflicted. I want to put my actions to where my heart is right now. The lungs inside me are inhaling and exhaling, I am living here. This time can't be wasted just because I want to wait for it. I can no longer use the excuse: "I can't do anything right now because I'm immature or not 'there' yet." In reality, now is when I walk into wherever “there” is. Right where I am, I must do the next thing.

Okay, so to conclude this first post, I will state my goals:
- every post has to have some relevancy to the title
- post will be made at the very least once every two weeks
- I will not spread the word that I am blogging, until a minimum of four post are made, just to be sure I am totally consistently committed to this.

That's all for now....
Be blessed,
Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment