I walked Back Bay one stunning morning a few weeks ago. By
about the second mile mark, my pace became quite careless. I saw an older woman
(looked about 70), moving right along with a great glowing smile...and eventually
passed me! I thought: “hey, if she can keep her pace up steadily, then so can
I!” I did just that, for the final mile stretch. It was a simple encouragement
to my heart. Truly a beautiful example……
When we trek up next to a fellow walker, anticipation forms.
As we share the trail, encouraging words naturally develop. We have been made
for human interaction. No matter how many ways we may try test out isolation…in
the end we realize that community is vital. Friendship is necessary.
There are several precious women in my life, who have been
so much for me in just the past year alone. It amazes me how the Lord carried
us in our past to be who we are today. He has delightfully positioned them
as sisters for me, and I for them.
I am an earthling with the Spirit living in my soul. And Father God has intensely planned out for me to be in fellowship with Him as an individual and as a member of the Body.
We are held together with Him; sealed by our Beloved
Jesus says it the best: I have eagerly desired to break this bread WITH you. (Luke 22:15)
No comments:
Post a Comment